For Directors of Undergraduate Studies
Faculty Directors of Undergraduate Studies serve as primary liasions with students in degree-granting departments, interdisciplinary programs or independent honors programs.
Broadly speaking, a Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) consults and collaborates with faculty colleagues in carrying out oversight for undergraduate education with the support of student service staff.
Guidance for Faculty Directors of Undergraduate Studies
Given that undergraduate degree programs vary in size and requirements, as well as in disciplinary and departmental norms, the specific role and responsibilities of the DUS in overseeing undergraduate education is ultimately determined locally. The areas of responsibility described in this document are intended to offer guidance for departments and programs in defining specific responsiblities for each DUS.
Current List of Faculty Directors of Undergraduate Studies by Department
News and Updates
- Update about the one-year delay in the implementation of the Future of the Major legislation
Helpful Resources for DUS
Supporting Students: Academic Support
- Academic Advising pamphlet
- Advising for Juniors and Seniors (PDF)
- Academic Policies, Grading, and Course Guidelines (Teach Anywhere)
- Information for Faculty and Staff on Undergraduate Research
- Accessibility Considerations for Online Teaching (Teach Anywhere)